What is BetaCALM?
They don’t call it the nervous system for nothing! Anxiety affects horses too and stressful experiences can have a significant effect on their mental state. That’s why BetaCALM was formulated – to provide a source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids that may help to reduce nervousness or hyper-reactivity in horses.
How does it work?
BetaCALM has a unique combination of four ingredients to nutritionally support nervous horses without affecting performance.
- Tryptophan: An essential amino acid that stabilises the horse’s mood, reduces anxiety and lessens the stress response. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and beneficial levels are not found in feed. It is converted in the body to serotonin, which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): A B vitamin that plays a vital role in nerve transmission. Hard-working horses or those on a high grain, low forage diet may have reduced production of thiamine in the hindgut due to stress or hindgut acidosis.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps to protect cell membranes from oxidative damage and maintain normal nerve and other functions.
- Magnesium: Important for cell metabolism, especially in the nervous system and muscles during work.
Features & Benefits
- Nutritionally supports horses exhibiting nervous behaviour due to dietary deficiencies.
- Helps calm your horse without affecting performance.
- Can be used both every day and/or strategically before stressful events.
- Easy to use – just top dress your horse’s feed!
- Safe to use – does not contain any prohibited substances.*
- Tryptophan – 1000mg
- Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) – 1000mg
- Magnesium – 8000mg
- Vitamin E – 1000mg
If you aren’t 100% happy with your purchase, we will happily exchange for a different size or different product. You may also leave a credit note at our store to purchase something else a future date. We do not offer refunds for change of mind or incorrect purchases. Please simply return your item in perfect/original condition with tags attached and note the packaging/box must also be in original condition as this is part of the product. Please ensure you include your contact details and proof of purchase. Also please note boots must be tried on in a carpeted area as any scuff marks on leather or marks on sole will deem them un-returnable. All refunds will be returned using the original tender.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept change of mind returns on sale items.
Please allow 1-2 days for processing for all orders although we make every effort to process same day. Shipping times vary depending on your location and Coronavirus is slowing delivery slightly in some areas.
We are pleased to provide as many size guides as we can to help you with your online buying experience. We are happy to exchange the item if it is the wrong size. See our return policy for further information.
Ariat Footwear Size Charts
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.